Quick and easy to prepare, tasty and easy to drink on the spot or to save for later. This is the perfect food for a full meal when you need excellent nutrition on the go! This combination is so full of goodness it would take a book to write it all here! This drink it quite detoxifying so be sure to drink plenty of water during the day to help flush the system of unwanted waste.
- 1 cup of water or soya, rice, almond, oat or coconut milk. Preferably go diary free to give your body a rest from dairy.
- Chlorella or Spirulina Powder – work up to your desired amount, read the label on the brand you buy. I use Yaeyama- Chlorella and use 1-2 teaspoons.
- Half a banana
- Mixed berries, fresh or frozen, up to one cup.
- Cooked or lightly steamed Beet Root. As much as you enjoy.
To give your drink extra BANG, you can use as much or as little of these as you like. Give extra flavour, texture or nutrition!
- Avocado. About 1/4 is good, more if you like. This gives a lovely creamy texture.
- Pear or apple. Again as much as you like.
- Kiwi or grapes.Lemon and lime. To taste, these are also great to prevent oxidization, especially if you’re keeping some for lunch.
- Greens like chard leaves, rocket, spinach, broccoli, lettuce, cucumber, celery. (be sure to shop finely before you add it in, otherwise your blender is going to get into a twist.
This drink is extremely flexible in what you add, the list of possibilities really is endless, you can add salad greens like rocket, cress or spinach. Things like peppers, tomatoes and so on. I also like to add seeds like sunflower and pumpkin, shelled hemp. Nut butters like almond, cashew, or even sesame seed paste, tahini.
Experiment with fresh ingredients that you enjoy. Organic is ideal but well washed veg is better than nothing at all!
1. Chop any large fruit or veg into cubes, remove any large seeds. Remove the skin if you like but leave it on where possible.
1. Place all desired ingredients into tall narrow container.
2. Blend with a hand blender. You can also use a regular blender, but a hand blender is so easy to clean.
3. Pour into a glass and drink, or if quite thick, into a bowl and use a spoon! It makes a great addition to plain yoghurt, or on top of oat, quinoa or amaranth porridge. It can also be used as a dessert topping if sweet and smooth.